Server Documentation Roadmap

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Fri Nov 2 01:21:52 UTC 2007

Good evening Doc Writers and Server Team,

At UDS-Boston in the server meeting area we discussed the spec "Improve Ubuntu
Server Documentation", found at this link:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-documentation.

We had several ideas that I would like to share with the group and would like
feedback:

1.  Update the server guide for each release (specifically focus on 8.04 as it
is a long term release)
	a.  Make sure it is posted on help.ubuntu.com in html and available for
download in PDF
	b.  Ship it in raw text so that it can be read on the server without a GUI
2.  keep help.ubuntu.com/Community full of How-To's that have been vetted by
someone from the Server Team

One of things we also discussed is increasing communications between the
Server Team and the Documentation Team to make sure the guides on both
help.ubuntu.com/Community and the ServerGuide are both accurate and up to
date.
I've copied the server team so they can add to the discussion as well and also
if there is someone from the Server Team who is willing to be a point to help
increase the communication between the server team and the documentation
team.

Please feel to respond with comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

Jontahan