Server test plans - EC2?

Kristian Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 20:38:55 UTC 2007

On 6/30/07, Neal McBurnett <neal at bcn.boulder.co.us> wrote:
> Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (ec2) looks like a great resource for
> this sort of testing, since anyone with an ec2 account can quickly set
> up new servers out there as needed for tests.  They basically make
> nice Xen-based servers available for $0.10 an hour, with your choice
> of Linux-based OS.  If you want to run an server full time that works
> out to $73 a month, but if you just want occasional availability for
> tests of certain auth server and relying party server configurations,
> it can be dirt cheap.  And you can run qemu virtual machines on top of
> ec2, I think.
>
>  http://amazon.com/ec2/

Yes, I have heard nothing but great things about Amazon EC2.  In fact,
I have developed similar infrastructure on my own, but using VMware
Server.  I just got an offer to join EC2 recently.  Does Ubuntu need
help in working to get an EC2 project going?  I am interested in
helping if people are serious about it and Canonical would fund the
effort for testing purposes...
--
Kristian Hermansen