Loginprompt shows up before booting is finished in Ubuntu Feisty server

Anders Häggström hagge.ubuntu at intercorner.net
Tue Jun 12 10:33:13 UTC 2007

2007/6/11, Christian Bjälevik <nafallo at magicalforest.se>:
> You actually would know everything if you read the rules
> in /etc/event.d/ where most things will probably move at some point. My
> advice to you atm since you do not seem to like upstart is to deinstall
> it and use sysvinit instead.
>
> Cheers, /N
> --
> Christian Bjälevik <nafallo at ubuntu.com>

Yes, later on i the future I would be able to know what starts and
when it starts by viewing/editing the rules in /etc/event.d/ but as
the situation is now tehre is a mix of /etc/event.d/ and /etc/init.d/
and the mix is not static as the development will move scripts from
/etc/init.d/ to /etc/event.d/.
You must be one more soul that missunderstand me. I have nothing
against upstart, is a nice idea. But I don't like the mix of upstart
and init, and that's what I have tried to say several times now.
As for now I have deinstalled upstart and I'm only using init until
upstart is a complete exchange for init and /etc/init.d/. And when it
is I will move back.

// Anders