unable to modprobe apparmor or capability on Ubuntu 7.04 (kernel 2.6.20-16-generic

Allyn, Mark A mark.a.allyn at intel.com
Wed Jul 25 20:57:05 UTC 2007

Hello:

I was told this is the correct list for me to ask this type of question;
if it is not, can some please re-direct me to the correct place???

I am attempting to install the AppArmor on a Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn (7.04)
Desktop with Kernel version 2.6.20-16-generic.

I am running into some problems with the two modules (apparmor and
capability). When I try to do a modprobe of either one of them, I get an
error stating "Error inserting apparmor Resource temporarily
unabailable).

I did try some googling, but the only ticket I came across was one to
the effect that you need to unload the capability modules before loading
the apparmor module. That ticket was closed. In my situation, I cannot
load either module.

Thank you for your help.

Mark