Fwd: Small business server

Nils elitepenguin at gmx.net
Fri Jan 26 08:45:49 UTC 2007

Hi

Can you describe what you mean with "Small Business Server"? Are you
referring to [1]?

For me most things worked fine with Linux as a server, eg fileserver,
webserver, wiki, etc. This is since you can install most things very
easy with apt-get. So I don't think that there is much need for
improvement.

However, what is annoying IMHO is oss groupware. There are some
projects, but none of them offers a stable, easy to use and well
working solution. If you are interested in helping with groupware, you
can check out the hula project [2] or mozilla sunbird [3]

Nils

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerSmallBusiness
[2] http://www.hula-project.org/Hula_Server
[3] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/