Two ethernet ports

Dave Kempe dave at solutionsfirst.com.au
Wed Dec 12 20:03:31 UTC 2007

You can setup a bond0 interface that makes the two members. There are
many bonding setups you can choose from. Bonding.txt that comes with the
kernel source for your kernel is pretty good.
Here is the latest one:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.23.y.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/networking/bonding.txt;h=8d8b4e5ea184a26da6bfab62bed0f796ce16679a;hb=8fad6939af311a8be5785d41531baa5a6918f833

The failover/redundant modes will probably help for the cable coming
unplugged or the switch going down, but won't help in your forcedeth
'death' problem.

The bonding drive is quite flexible, so you can bond together two
network interfaces that are pretty disparate as well if you are crazy
enough.

thanks

dave