File Server Tasks

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 28 20:18:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 03:35:39PM -0400, Rick Clark wrote:
> I think some CLI would also be useful.   Ebox comes with lots of requirements
> that you might not want installed on your fileserver.   I think this is
> something to think about for Gutsy +1.
>
> None of this could be added for Gutsy.  We can only add tasks for
> functionality that already exists.  So the question is:  Could we get
> anything useful out of a samba tasksel task with the current packages?

According to the documentation, tasksel is only used to install a set of
packages. It's not supposed to handle the configuration of the task (the
configuration of the package is handled by the package itself).

Adding another task that would just install one package may be a
hard sell this time. What would make more sense is to install the samba
package _and_ a configuration tool for samba. Unfortunately I don't know
of any that are in main and could be integrate for gutsy.

--
Mathias