ubuntu gutsy alpha 4 server install Epia-M fails

Ben Collins ben.collins at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 14 18:43:53 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 20:24 +0200, Sebastien Estienne wrote:
> Maybe the installer could detect that the cpu in not supported, warn
> the user about it and propose to install a valid kernel for this cpu?

You'll never get to the installer unless the kernel boots first :)

I think the server CD may want to consider having the -386 kernel on it
as a fallback. The installer could then detect that it was booted with
this kernel and remove the -server flavour so grub and upgrades DTRT.

--
Ubuntu   : http://www.ubuntu.com/
Linux1394: http://wiki.linux1394.org/