gutsy alpha4 drupal5 install

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 14 16:34:31 UTC 2007

Hi Jim,

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 10:59:21AM -0400, Jim Tarvid wrote:
> 1) the default drupal install depends on mysql-server running on localhost.
What would you expect ? A choice of database (mysql or postgresql) ?
IIRC Drupal needs a database to run.

> 1) the user must visit http://server_ip/drupal5/install.php to
> complete the database initialization
> 2) the user must visit http://server_ip/drupal5 to complete drupal installation
Could these be moved to the postinst script of the drupal package ? Does
it require any input from the user ?

> 3) file layout is fine for a "root" install of drupal but less so for
> a user install
What do you mean by a user install ?

> 4) postfix gets installed by default. some sendmail capability is
> required by drupal and the postfix install works fine but postfix is a
> career in itself and a lighter "sendmail" capability such as esmtp
> might be better. then there are those who would prefer a different
> mta.
Postfix is the default MTA. Getting it installed is fairly
straightforward for a default configuration.

> 5) apache2-mpm-itk is installed and loaded. that strikes me as adventurous.

Which apache2 module should be used instead ? Could this be corrected in
the dependency of the package ?

Thanks for your report,

--
Mathias