Dual Xeon box -- ready for prime time?

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Mon Sep 18 20:30:25 UTC 2006

I wish I had purchased a 3ware RAID controller! I'm picked out an
Adaptec model and have had nothing but trouble (the only admin app is
written in Java and doesn't seem to work right).

I've since been told that I should have chosen the 3ware card, since
more information is available from the driver.

Anyway, if it works with Suse, it should be fine with Ubuntu. You could
always drop in the live CD and see if everything detects properly.

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
burner | suppressingfire | firestorm | phoenix | firefighter | flambe |