LAMP Production Server - Dell 2850

Jim Tarvid tarvid at ls.net
Sat Sep 9 15:58:22 UTC 2006

I agree with David. I used to spend hours working on a partition plan
often to wind up with out of space situations at inconvenient moments.
In practice / and swap have been enough. No point in huge amounts of
swap either. Unwinding from bad memory situations can be a nightmare.

Security from the outside is best addressed first at the gateway
router. Security from the inside is best addressed by keeping all
users within reach of a baseball bat. I only allow remote virtual
users access via chrooted ftp. How many system manglers does one need?

Jim Tarvid