LAMP Production Server - Dell 2850

David Kempe dave at solutionsfirst.com.au
Fri Sep 8 21:56:12 UTC 2006

Hi,
I am over having separate partitions for the sake of it. You just end up
running out of space when you least need it.
I would suggest you just use the raid1 drives for the system, and
allocate the whole raid5 to /home and redirect things like /var/www to
/home/www.
I imagine the users are going to be users of the web application not
system users.
oh and btw, grsecurity doesn't work with dapper's libc very nicely.
We have actually repatched it and are testing a very of dapper's libc
that does work with grsec, but I doubt it will be widely available very
soon.

Partitioning is a very application specific choice, but I would warn
against too fine grained partitioning.

dave