vt8251 support

Sebastien Estienne sebastien.estienne at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 00:24:08 UTC 2006

On 6/25/06, Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Jacobo Arvelo "UNIX4ALL" wrote:
> > Sorry, the reply field points to you, not to the list.
>
> It's common understanding that list discussions are to be kept on-list,
> unless when there's pressing reason to do otherwise.
>
> > Where I can get a beta ISO of dapper?
>
> A ten-second google: http://ubuntu.hugi.is/releases/6.06/
>
> > Great Support ...
>
> We provide great security support. You, however, are making an
> unreasonable request and being immature about it. The release has been
> made. All developer effort is focused on the next one, except for
> security updates. This has always been the case.
If it worked during the beta cycle and got broken in the release, we
can consider as a bug, no?

Dapper will be supported for 5 years, this means that some entreprise
will still install dapper in (let's say) 4 years because they don't
want to have 5 flavors of ubuntu in their datacenters.
So in 4 years i think that the current iso will be totally outdated
because of updates and security fix.

That's why i think that rolling a new iso every 6/12 months will be valuable

To come back to the original issue of this thread, i think that a
solution could be a documentation explaining how to create a custom
install iso with a custom kernel.
I think these document must already exist (i already read one about
creatin a custom package for the kernel)

> --
> Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D

Sebastien Estienne