vt8251 support

Jacobo Arvelo "UNIX4ALL" unix4all at gulic.org
Sun Jun 25 21:29:46 UTC 2006

El dom, 25-06-2006 a las 13:30 +0200, Ivan Krstic escribió:
> Jacobo Arvelo "UNIX4ALL" wrote:
> > please deliver patched isos
>
> The Dapper ISO images are frozen; they will not be updated unless
> required by special circumstances.
>
> > ( maybe in the daily dapper drake server isos ? )
>
> These are equally frozen.

Ok and the solution is ? this isn't a special circumstance ?

Im not the only with this problem, look at ubuntuforums for example,
there are a lot of users with this problems, including a patch in a
kernel for support anything and in the final release broke the patch, at
least for me is a bug, and not a wishlist bug, this is a showstopper bug
( It's imposible to install in a mainstream and very common
southbridge ).

Fixing the patch in the kernel and updating it isnt a hardwork ( at
least for the ubuntu kernel hackers ) and then, ubuntu can put it in the
daily isos ( daily means ISOs with updated packages, no ? ).

Please dont give the back to the community, give solutions and
confidence.

Regards,

--
Jacobo Arvelo "UNIX4ALL"