vt8251 support

Ivan Krstic krstic at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Jun 25 21:34:01 UTC 2006

For the second time, I'm asking people NOT to send me personal replies
to list mail!

Jacobo Arvelo "UNIX4ALL" wrote:
> Ok and the solution is ? this isn't a special circumstance ?

No, it's not. You have three options: run one of the older kernels
without upgrading (security risk), roll your own vanilla kernel, or wait
until Edgy is released.

> Im not the only with this problem, look at ubuntuforums for example,

That doesn't change anything, unfortunately.

> Fixing the patch in the kernel and updating it isnt a hardwork ( at
> least for the ubuntu kernel hackers)

The release is frozen. No further work is, or will be, done on Dapper
except fixing security bugs.

--
Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D