Idea for a spec

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at outlands.ca
Fri Jun 2 01:26:29 UTC 2006

Alex Mauer a écrit :
> I'd just like to mention that I'd like to see kerberos added to to this
> basic setup; use ldap for NSS and Kerberos for authentication.  I'd also
> be interested in participating in this project in any way possible.

I completely agree on this one.  However, I aim low for this spec at
first.  I think we should put in as little as possible to make it easy
to implement and yet still be useful.  How much work would integrating
Kerberos up-front represent ?  I do not know as I have never set up a
KDC myself, but this would have to be evaluated.

However, I certainly believe Kerberos authentication (and kerberization
of as many client applications as possible) would be a good thing.