Roadmap for UbuntuServer

Mario Đanić mario.danic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:06:12 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/22/06, Mario Đanić <mario.danic at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  a action in this (simmilar) direction was heading with
> > ubuntu-instant-server project.
> >  I would be glad to point you out to Wiki to see what was the point with
> > that project,
> >  but I am afraid Matt erased everything related to this project from
> wiki.
>
> Aha! Thank you! I haven't heard of this before.
>
> It seems not to be all gone:
>
> https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-instserv-dev
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuInstantServerSpec

Yes, the team and specs were left, but the issues pointed out by XXX were
never resolved, and one of the biggest problem of the all was that mostly
everyone was busy, and couldn't work on that...

>  Nevertheless, if you have some questions about the project, I'll be glad
> > answer all of them.
>
> How far did it get? Were there any detailed plans? If so, do you have
> copies of them or anything like that, or pointers so that I can scour
> Google's cache for them?

It got and probably will never get no where.  Yes, there were detailed
plans  in meeting agendas, but it was erased.