Changing permissions of postfixs "local"

David Kempe dave at solutionsfirst.com.au
Wed Dec 13 21:18:18 UTC 2006

Hi Ingo,
You don't need to do that.
Just make a seperate file for the nagios alias and make it owned by the
correct user and group. Postfix local agent should then deliver mail
with the perms of the alias file.
 From man 8 local:

*DELIVERY RIGHTS*
       Deliveries to external files  and  external  commands  are
       made with the rights of the receiving user on whose behalf
       the delivery is made.  In the absence of a  user  context,
       the *local*(8) <http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html> daemon uses the owner rights of the *:include:*
       file or alias database.  When those files are owned by the
       superuser, delivery is made with the rights specified with
       the *default_privs <http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_privs>* configuration parameter.

I have done this before for this exact problem and it works fine

dave