Anyone using EVMS?

David Kempe dave at solutionsfirst.com.au
Thu Aug 10 22:09:56 UTC 2006

I am considering using it for an unfinished task for a client. They have
1RU servers with 4 750Gb drives in them for file storage. I am having
trouble with all the available tools, as the onboard hardware raid makes
that into a 2.3Tb volume and the bios can't boot that. So we are booting
off usb keys, but now fdisk and cfdisk and lots of other tools have this
2TB limit. EVMS doesn't seem to suffer the same problems.
I haven't had time to fix it up yet, so I will report back once I do.

thanks

dave