lynx on server install cd

michael_hoertnagl at a1.net michael_hoertnagl at a1.net
Mon Apr 3 10:03:54 UTC 2006

hi! maybe it's too late for this release, but i have a request adding the lynx package on the server install cd.

first it's always good to test some stuff, second, and more important is that my isp uses a "login script" they redirect me to their login page where i have to provide a user id & password before they actually open my connection. so it was never possible for me to make a server install, cause i needed a webbrowser to use the apt-get system.

the dam thing is that lynx doesn't fit on a floppy, (it has 1.8 megs) so i had to burn a cd with it. what a waste...

anyway long story short. please, please please with sugar on top include lynx on the server install cd.

best regards,
michael