[Blueprint servercloud-p-iso-install-testing] Ubuntu Server ISO Testing
james.page at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 27 21:28:47 UTC 2012
Blueprint changed by James Page:
Current ISO testing framework has been frozen; its not really
maintainable past its current function in its current form.
Framework will be re-factored to be more re-usable as part of work in
the QA team.
Work items that depend on new features postponed until precise+1.
Requirements will be fed to the QA team.
Summary of Objectives for Precise:
1) Fill gaps in current server ISO testing scope
- Multi LVM layout test
- RAID tests
- iSCSI root tests
2) Automated testing of preseeded network installations using orchestra
- Cover mini.iso testing for all supported releases.
3) Separate ubuntu-server-iso-testing into framework and tests
- Easier management of tests without rebuilding packages
- Support for multiple releases much easier.
4) Investigate frameworks for testing the actual installation experience
Full session notes from UDS-P: http://pad.ubuntu.com/uds-p-servercloud-p
Work items precise-alpha-1:
Update ubuntu-server-iso-testing framework to support missing test cases: DONE
Separate test configuration from framework codebase: DONE
Work items precise-alpha-2:
Write Multi-LVM test case: DONE
Write RAID test case: DONE
Work items precise-beta-1:
Update test framework to support iSCSI testing: POSTPONED
Write iSCSI root test cases: POSTPONED
Work items precise-beta-2
Automated testing of orchestra: POSTPONED
+ Tactical solution for automated iSCSI testing: DONE
- Expand manual test cases to cover options presented during install: TODO
+ Expand manual test cases to cover options presented during install: POSTPONED
Investigation into potential frameworks for visual testing of server and desktop installs (speak to QA): DONE
What do you think "Automated testing of preseed network installations using orchestra" will include? --Daviey
Ubuntu Server ISO Testing
More information about the Ubuntu-server-bugs