[Bug 303835] Re: Typo in ssh_config man page
Launchpad Bug Tracker
303835 at bugs.launchpad.net
Mon Jan 4 14:00:08 GMT 2010
This bug was fixed in the package openssh - 1:5.2p1-1ubuntu1
openssh (1:5.2p1-1ubuntu1) lucid; urgency=low
* Resynchronise with Debian. Remaining changes:
- Add support for registering ConsoleKit sessions on login.
- Drop openssh-blacklist and openssh-blacklist-extra to Suggests; they
take up a lot of CD space, and I suspect that rolling them out in
security updates has covered most affected systems now.
* Convert to Upstart. The init script is still here for the benefit of
people running sshd in chroots. Note that the Upstart job does not
support /etc/default/ssh, because it's much more straightforward to edit
the job (/etc/init/ssh.conf) than it was to edit the init script.
openssh (1:5.2p1-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release (closes: #536182). Yes, I know 5.3p1 has been out
for a while, but there's no GSSAPI patch available for it yet.
- Change the default cipher order to prefer the AES CTR modes and the
revised "arcfour256" mode to CBC mode ciphers that are susceptible to
CPNI-957037 "Plaintext Recovery Attack Against SSH".
- Add countermeasures to mitigate CPNI-957037-style attacks against the
SSH protocol's use of CBC-mode ciphers. Upon detection of an invalid
packet length or Message Authentication Code, ssh/sshd will continue
reading up to the maximum supported packet length rather than
immediately terminating the connection. This eliminates most of the
known differences in behaviour that leaked information about the
plaintext of injected data which formed the basis of this attack
(closes: #506115, LP: #379329).
- ForceCommand directive now accepts commandline arguments for the
internal-sftp server (closes: #524423, LP: #362511).
- Add AllowAgentForwarding to available Match keywords list (closes:
- Make ssh(1) send the correct channel number for
SSH2_MSG_CHANNEL_SUCCESS and SSH2_MSG_CHANNEL_FAILURE messages to
avoid triggering 'Non-public channel' error messages on sshd(8) in
- Avoid printing 'Non-public channel' warnings in sshd(8), since the
ssh(1) has sent incorrect channel numbers since ~2004 (this reverts a
behaviour introduced in openssh-5.1; closes: #496017).
- Disable nonfunctional ssh(1) ~C escape handler in multiplex slave
connections (closes: #507541).
- Fix "whitepsace" typo in ssh_config(5) (closes: #514313, LP: #303835).
* Update to GSSAPI patch from
including cascading credentials support (LP: #416958).
* Use x11.pc when compiling/linking gnome-ssh-askpass2 (closes: #555951).
* Moved to bzr.debian.org; add Vcs-Bzr and Vcs-Browser control fields.
* Add debian/README.source with instructions on bzr handling.
* Make ChrootDirectory work with SELinux (thanks, Russell Coker; closes:
* Initialise sc to NULL in ssh_selinux_getctxbyname (thanks, Václav Ovsík;
* Don't duplicate backslashes when displaying server banner (thanks,
Michał Górny; closes: #505378, LP: #425346).
* Use hardening-includes for hardening logic (thanks, Kees Cook; closes:
* Update OpenSSH FAQ to revision 1.110.
* Remove ssh/new_config, only needed for direct upgrades from potato which
are no longer particularly feasible anyway (closes: #420682).
* Cope with insserv reordering of init script links.
* Remove init script stop link in rc1, as killprocs handles it already.
* Adjust short descriptions to avoid relying on previous experience with
rsh, based on suggestions from Reuben Thomas (closes: #512198).
* Remove manual page references to login.conf, which aren't applicable on
non-BSD systems (closes: #154434).
* Remove/adjust manual page references to BSD-specific /etc/rc (closes:
* Refer to sshd_config(5) rather than sshd(8) in postinst-written
/etc/ssh/sshd_config, and add UsePAM commentary from upstream-shipped
configuration file (closes: #415008, although unfortunately this will
only be conveniently visible on new installations).
* Include URL to OpenBSD's ssl(8) in ssh(1), since I don't see a better
source for the same information among Debian's manual pages (closes:
#530692, LP: #456660).
-- Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com> Mon, 04 Jan 2010 13:45:21 +0000
** Changed in: openssh (Ubuntu)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
Typo in ssh_config man page
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Server Team, which is subscribed to openssh in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-server-bugs