[Bug 458904] Re: Adding nodes in several waves after launching VMs is not possible
mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 27 22:43:44 GMT 2009
I can confirm that the proposed branch fixes the issue:
1. Make a local build and extract euca_find_cluster from the eucalyptus udeb.
2. Copy euca_find_cluster to http://people.canonical.com/~mathiaz/euca_find_cluster
3. Start a few instances on the UEC install and make sure that the public IPs are configured:
ubuntu at uec-cc:~$ ip addr show eth0
2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000
link/ether 00:1c:c4:6b:38:4a brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 10.153.108.210/24 brd 10.153.108.255 scope global eth0
inet 192.168.222.11/32 scope global eth0:pub
inet 192.168.222.15/32 scope global eth0:pub
inet 192.168.222.17/32 scope global eth0:pub
inet6 fe80::21c:c4ff:fe6b:384a/64 scope link
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
4. Boot a karmic server install and select Install Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud.
5. Once the network is up and the installer is prompting for the hostname open a new shell.
6. Dowload the new euca_find_cluster.
7. Verify that the normal euca_find_cluster returns 192.168.222.17 as the IP address of the CC.
8. Verify that the new euca_find_cluster returns 10.153.108.210 as the IP address of the CC.
9. Copy the new euca_find_cluster to /usr/bin/
10. Proceed with the installation which is successful.
Adding nodes in several waves after launching VMs is not possible
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Server Team, which is subscribed to eucalyptus in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-server-bugs