[Bug 288052] [NEW] /etc/resolv.conf inserts commas between Search Domains
Launchpad Bug Tracker
288052 at bugs.launchpad.net
Mon Nov 23 16:56:01 GMT 2009
You have been subscribed to a public bug:
Binary package hint: gnome-system-tools
My current Ubuntu release:
Description: Ubuntu 8.04.1
Current Package Version:
*** 2.22.0-0ubuntu9 0
500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com hardy/main Packages
Additional Search Domain Names in gnome network settings do not work
after reboot, because a "comma(,)" is inserted after each search domain.
Steps to reproduce:
2. Unlock the settings
3. Select DNS tab
4. Click "add" adjacent to search domains
5. Fill in field
6. Click close
7. ping a short name > works
8. goto /etc/resolv.conf
9. Domain search names listed in the following format:
search domain.dom enterprise.dom local.dom
11. Open System->Administration->Network
12. Go to DNS tab
13. Search domains appear correctly.
14. ping a short name > doesn´t work
15. go to /etc/resolv.conf
16. Domain search names are now listed in the following format:
search domain.dom, enterprise.dom, local.dom
17. remove the added commas between the search domains and save file.
18. ping a short name > works.
** Affects: dhcp3 (Ubuntu)
/etc/resolv.conf inserts commas between Search Domains
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Server Team, which is subscribed to dhcp3 in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-server-bugs