[Bug 208552] Re: Poor performance in smbclient while transmitting
inomine at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 10:29:56 BST 2009
This is still an issue and I'm fairly certain that its in samba on the
client side. Setup is as follows:
OpenSolaris 2009.06, using native CIFS of a ZFS filesystem. Intel e1000g
1) Windows 2003 server 3Com 10/100 NIC, mounting above FS gives a solid
11MB/sec copying a single large file. Therefore saturating the network
2) Ubuntu 9.04, same hardware as client (1), mounting the above FS gives
at most 6MB/sec copying a single large file. Transfering the same file
over SFTP gives a solid 11MB/sec.
>From this testing the following can be ruled out of the stack:
1) The server, we get different performance to the same server
2) The network layer, we've been able to achieve full wire speed
3) The protocol itself, the windows client shows that CIFS is capable of high speed transfer
4) The client hardware and driver configuration, otherwise SFTP would also be slow
It is therefore possible to conclude that the problem must be with
SAMBAs implementation of a CIFS client.
This is a stable setup, so if peple are interested in helping me debug I
will be able to provide any required data.
** Changed in: samba (Ubuntu)
Status: Invalid => Confirmed
Poor performance in smbclient while transmitting
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Server Team, which is subscribed to samba in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-server-bugs