[Bug 268536] [NEW] mount smbfs not working properly after upgrade from 6 to 8
Launchpad Bug Tracker
268536 at bugs.launchpad.net
Tue Jan 13 00:17:24 GMT 2009
You have been subscribed to a public bug:
objective : mount the same SMB share to 2 folders with different
history: was working before upgrade to v8. Did not find any solutions on
1) mounting the same SMB share the second time changes the dmask on the first share.
2) mounting the same SMB share the second time fails with: folder dose not exist.
3) mount --bind ignores fmask and file_mode / dmask and dir_mode
4) chmod is able to change permissions on mounts
5) files are created with wrong permissions re: fmask
temporary workarounds: ?
origonal example: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=911549
Linux version 2.6.24-19-generic (buildd at terranova) (gcc version 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)) #1 SMP Wed Aug 20 22:56:21 UTC 2008
** Affects: samba (Ubuntu)
mount smbfs not working properly after upgrade from 6 to 8
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Server Team, which is subscribed to samba in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-server-bugs