[Bug 440685] Re: Make it clearer that JAVA_OPTS is about JSVC options
Launchpad Bug Tracker
440685 at bugs.launchpad.net
Mon Dec 14 13:20:09 GMT 2009
This bug was fixed in the package tomcat6 - 6.0.20-8ubuntu1
tomcat6 (6.0.20-8ubuntu1) lucid; urgency=low
* Merge from Debian unstable. Remaining changes:
- debian/control, debian/rules: Do not use 3.0 (quilt) source format yet
* debian/tomcat6.default: Fix typos in "JSVC" and "remote", missing newline
* debian/tomcat6.default, debian/tomcat6.init: Handle JSVC_CLASSPATH
default value the same way as other defaults
tomcat6 (6.0.20-8) unstable; urgency=low
* Corrected some spelling mistakes in debian/control.
(Closes: #557377, #557378)
* Added patches to install the OSGi metadata in some of the jars.
* Updated 03catalina.policy to allow "setContextClassLoader".
- Fixes a problem where Sun's JVM would fail to generate log-files.
(Closes: LP: #410379)
* Updated /etc/default/tomcat6:
- Clarified that JAVA_OPTS are passed to jscv and not the JVM.
- Updated the JSP_COMPILER to javac (jikes is not in Debian anymore).
(Closes: LP: #440685)
* Use default-jdk and default-jre-headless instead of openjdk in
* Added more alternatives for java implementations to the Depends of
* Exposed JSVC_CLASSPATH to the configuration file.
(Closes: LP: #475457)
* Updated description so it no longer refers to non-existent package.
* Used "set -e" in postinst and postrm instead of passing "-e" to sh
in the #!-line.
* Changed to 3.0 (quilt) source format.
tomcat6 (6.0.20-7) unstable; urgency=low
* New patch fix_context_name.patch:
- Allow Service name != Engine name. Regression in fix for 42707.
- This has been fixed in trunk and will be in 6.0.21
* Register libservlet2.5-java-doc API with doc-base
* Fix short description of tomcat6-docs by using "documentation" suffix
tomcat6 (6.0.20-6) unstable; urgency=low
[ Ludovic Claude ]
* tomcat6.postinst: set the ownership of files in /etc/tomcat6/
to root:tomcat6, to prevent an attacker running inside a tomcat6
instance to change the tomcat configuration
* debian/policy/02debian.policy: grant access to
/usr/share/maven-repo/ as it is a valid source of Debian JARs.
* Bump up Standards-Version to 3.8.3
- add debian/README.source that describes the quilt patch system.
* debian/control: Add Conflicts on libtomcat6-java with old versions
of tomcat6-common (Closes: #542397)
[ Michael Koch ]
* Replace dh_clean -k by dh_prep.
* Added Ludovic and myself to Uploaders.
* Build-Depends on debhelper >= 7.
tomcat6 (6.0.20-5) unstable; urgency=low
* Fix jsp-api dependency in the Maven descriptors.
* Put tomcat-juli.jar in /usr/share/java instead of juli.jar.
This fixes a broken link which prevented tomcat to start
when logging is turned on, and restores the file layout
defined in 6.0.20-2.
* Restore links to the jars in usr/share/tomcat6/lib
* Change watch to download fresh sources from SVN.
Should fix wrong encoding in tomcat-i18n-fr/es.jar in the next upstream
version. (Closes: #522067)
* Update ownership for files in /etc/tomcat6 and /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps.
The new owner is tomcat6:adm (Closes: #532284)
* Add additional directories for the common, server and shared classloader.
Directories are also compatible with Alfresco's packaging done for
Ubuntu. (Closes: #521318)
* Update checksum in postrm script to reflect changes
in the new upstream webapp
* postrm removes the extra directories created in /var/lib/tomcat6
to hold shared and common classes or jars.
* Added commented out default options for enabling debug mode.
(Closes: LP: #375493)
tomcat6 (6.0.20-4) experimental; urgency=low
* Fix init script:
- Change Provides: tomcat6. (Closes: #532286)
- Check for /etc/default/rcS before sourcing it.
* Update Standards-Version: 3.8.2 (no changes).
tomcat6 (6.0.20-3) experimental; urgency=low
* Add the Maven POM to the package
* Add a Build-Depends-Indep dependency on maven-repo-helper
* Use mh_installpom and mh_installjar to install the POM and the jar to the
-- Thierry Carrez <thierry.carrez at ubuntu.com> Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:55:18 +0100
** Changed in: tomcat6 (Ubuntu)
Status: In Progress => Fix Released
** Bug watch added: Apache Software Foundation Bugzilla #47316
Make it clearer that JAVA_OPTS is about JSVC options
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Server Team, which is subscribed to tomcat6 in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-server-bugs