[Bug 363576] Re: problem accessing shared folders
thierry.carrez at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 21 10:54:52 BST 2009
Deduplicating until we are sure it's the same bug.
It looks like a name resolution issue: querying "nasdrive" on the windows network returns 220.127.116.11 for some reason, then you get a timeout accessing that unknown IP. Running smbtree sends a local broadcast to which the nasdrive responds and then the computer caches that information, until next reboot or cache timeout.
Could you attach the information requested at:
- Please attach your /etc/samba/smb.conf file
- What does "ping nasdrive" return ?
- What does "grep hosts /etc/nsswitch.conf" return ?
- Does "smbclient //nasdrive/sharedfolder -R bcast -U username" work ?
- Please send the output of "smbclient -d4 //nasdrive/sharedfolder -U username"
** Changed in: samba (Ubuntu)
Status: Invalid => Incomplete
problem accessing shared folders
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Server Team, which is subscribed to samba in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-server-bugs