[Bug 354243] Re: Nautilus fails to browse any share on network to which Iomega Home Network Hard Drive (MDHD500-N, firmware K108.W15) is attached.
thierry.carrez at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 10 10:05:47 BST 2009
OK, let's sum up this bug (please confirm I got it right):
- You boot a Jaunty beta LiveCD
- Running "smbclient -L <NASBOXIPADDRESS>" successfully lists the shares on NAS box
- Running "findsmb" successfully shows NAS box
- Opening Places/Network in Nautilus you can see the NAS box
- Double-Clicking on the NAS box in Nautilus fails to list the shares, error is "Failed to retrieve share list from server"
Here are a few more tests/confirmations:
- What does running "smbtree -N" return ?
- When you double-click on "Windows Network" and drill down to your NAS box, does double-clicking on it list the shares ?
- Does anything change if you put "client lanman auth = yes" in /etc/samba/smb.conf. To test it from a livecd, your best bet is to run "killall x-session-manager" to fully restart your Gnome session after changing smb.conf.
I don't see the relation between this bug and bug 264943, which was a gvfs crash ?
Nautilus fails to browse any share on network to which Iomega Home Network Hard Drive (MDHD500-N, firmware K108.W15) is attached.
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Server Team, which is subscribed to samba in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-server-bugs