[Bug 180672] [NEW] samba share contents wiped erroneously
Launchpad Bug Tracker
180672 at bugs.launchpad.net
Sat Sep 27 02:15:01 BST 2008
You have been subscribed to a public bug:
not sure if this is a bug or configuration issue
all the contents and sub folders of a folder shared over samba were removed in error.
server running 7.04
client running 7.10
software involved :
stock pdf viewer
steps to reproduce (with our configuration) :
this was a little strange, however we hava managed to reproduce it twice.
1) establish a folder in a user home directory (/home/user/Networkshare)
2) share over samba with this config :
comment = User's Documents
path = /home/user/NetworkShare
writeable = yes
create mask = 0700
directory mask = 0700
force user = user
force group = user
valid users = user
3) on client machine, open a PDF and attempt to save to network
4) enter 'smb://user@server/UserArea' and press RETURN
5) enventually, a message 'Operation denied' will be displayed
6) check the folder [ /home/user/NetworkSharer], it will now be empty
user comments :
at step 4, we expected to be displayed with the network share folder, and from there navigate to the appropriate place to save to file.
** Affects: samba (Ubuntu)
samba share contents wiped erroneously
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Server Team, which is subscribed to samba in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-server-bugs