Möte med jono

Fredrik Gustafsson iveqy at iveqy.com
Mon Feb 5 20:48:23 GMT 2007

Som ni alla säkert vet så har jono varit på besök i IRC kanalen. Här är
loggen. Lägg märke till att det bara är jono som skriver. Alla
kommentarer skrevs i #ubuntu-se-comments. Log för den kanalen finns
också ifall någon är intresserad.

Med vänliga hälsningar
iveqy
--

21:00 <+jono> hi everyone, I am Jono Bacon - the Ubuntu Community Manager
21:01 <+jono> my aim here is to try and solve the problems with ubuntu-se
21:01 <+jono> this is going to take longer than just this meeting, so don;t expect everything to be solved tonight :)
21:01 <+jono> I am not here to say if one person is right or wrong
21:01 <+jono> I am here to try and solve the problem
21:01 <+jono> and to identify what the problem is
21:02 <+jono> all comments should go to #ubuntu-se-comments - please, please write in english
21:02 <+jono> I don't speak swedish so will not understand any swedish comments
21:02 <+jono> ok, I have recieved *loads* of email
21:02 <+jono> around 72 emails have been sent to me
21:03 <+jono> many of these emails are long and go into lots of detail, I have not had chance to read them all as I have had too many to deal with
21:03 <+jono> so the aim of this session is to identify the problems first
21:04 <+jono> it seems one of the core problems is the behavious of the loco leader - sebastean
21:04 <+jono> sebastean: are you still the leader right now?
21:04 <+jono> who is the current leader?
21:05 <+jono> right sebastean is the leader
21:05 <+jono> but there is a meeting to find the next leader
21:05 <+jono> ok
21:05 <+jono> I have heard lots of accusations of bad behaviour including:
21:06 <+jono>  * banning people from online resources for disagreeing with decisions
21:06 <+jono>  * removing meeting agendas
21:06 <+jono>  * otherwise stopping fair and open discussion about how the team is run
21:06 <+jono> let me be clear about this
21:06 <+jono> very clear:
21:07 <+jono> this kind of behaviour is entirely unacceptable
21:07 <+jono> banning people for disagreeing with you is unacceptable
21:07 <+jono> removing meeting agendas you just disagree with is unacceptable
21:07 <+jono> stopping fair and open discussion about how the team is run is unacceptable
21:08 <+jono> it is clear that some of this behaviour has happened, and it is unacceptable and against the Code Of Conduct and the Leadership Code Of Conduct
21:08 <+jono> now, I am not hear to slap wrists! :)
21:08 <+jono> I am not here to punish anyone
21:09 <+jono> but sebastean has made it clear that he is interested in stepping down and a meeting is scheduled to pick a new leader
21:09 <+jono> now, I am keen that this leadership process is fair
21:09 <+jono> I want to make sure that the team picks a leader that they are happy with
21:10 <+jono> so I will overlook this process
21:10 <+jono> I will keep an eye on how a leader is picked to ensure it is fair
21:10 <+jono> let me ask the team a question:
21:11 <+jono> "would the ubuntu-se team be happy for me to overlook the voting process and advise on it" say +1 for yes or -1 for no in #ubuntu-se-comments
21:12 <+jono> ok I think that is unamimous
21:12 <+jono> so I am going to suggest the following action:
21:13 <+jono>  * I will talk to sebastean and work with him to ensure the voting process is as fair as possible
21:13 <+jono>  * I will overlook the voting to make sure there is no unfair boting
21:13 <+jono> voting
21:14 <+jono> so I will not take the votes, but I will overlook the process to ensure it is fair
21:14 <+jono> part of this is ensuring that the team knows about the vote and each member gets a vote
21:15 <+jono> I want the voting process to have the following rules:
21:15 <+jono>  * it is open
21:15 <+jono>  * everyone is free in who they can chose
21:15 <+jono> choose
21:15 <+jono>  * everyone can make their vote anonymously
21:16 <+jono> now, in terms of nominations, I will deal with those who want to volunteer themselves for the vote
21:16 <+jono> I will think over the next two weeks about how this voting process will work but rest assured it will be open
21:16 <+jono> I understand the concerns about the forums
21:16 <+jono> and I understand the concerns about sebastean dealing with the nominations
21:17 <+jono> in fact, I will try to do this in quicker than two weeks
21:17 <+jono> but I will define the voting process and be in touch with ubuntu-se about how it will work
21:18 <+jono> sebastean: are you around?
21:18 <+jono> <md2perpe> jono: What do you mean by the voting process being "open"?
21:19 <+jono> md2perpe: those who want to stand for leadership will go through me so I can list those who want to stand, and everyone, including those who are banned will get one vote
21:20 <+jono> now, I want to think about the voting process before I go any further
21:20 <+jono> it is clear though we need an open vote that everyone can be a part of
21:21 <+jono> sebastean is unwilling to take part in the meeting
21:22 <+jono> <swe_henke> Jono: What about the server rights for ubuntu-se.org and other media that sebastean have today. Can thay be transferd too someone more trusted person?
21:22 <+jono> swe_henke: we can discuss this in a later meeting
21:22 <+jono> can I ask an open question
21:23 <+jono> "do you feel most of the problems in the loco right now are the fault of sebastean?" please say +1 for yes and -1 for no
21:25 <+jono> right it is clear where the concern lies
21:25 <+jono> but that does not mean that sebastean is entirely at fault
21:25 <+jono> I am not assuming sebastean is the only person who has made mistakes
21:25 <+jono> but I need to understand where most of the concern is laid
21:26 <+jono> although I do wish sebastean would be here to take part
21:26 <+jono> he is unwilling to take part
21:26 <+jono> now, I am not interesting in finding out who is to blame
21:27 <+jono> I am interested in finding a new leader who will not do the things that have been accused
21:27 <+jono> so, I propose this line of action:
21:28 <+jono>  * I am going to sit down and develop as open a voting process as I can
21:28 <+jono>  * I will post to ubuntu-se and ask for leadership nominations soon
21:28 <+jono> that is what will happen first
21:29 <+jono> so the first step is for me to define the voting process, and then we can look at the voting
21:29 <+jono> the server and the forums will be fixed later
21:30 <+jono> this process will all take place on IRC and the mailing list
21:30 <+jono> <sebastean> jono according to me don't know what this conflict is about and therefore I will not join the discussions. I'm sorry.
21:30 <+jono> sebastean: I have given you lots of opportunities to put your side forward, and you have not done so once
21:30 <+jono> sebastean: I am keeping this open and objective, but it requires *you* to defend your position
21:31 <+jono> ok, I would like to schedule another IRC meeting
21:31 <+jono> it will have to be two weeks as I am travelling
21:32 <+jono> sebastean: what are the reasons for banning so many people?
21:32 <+jono> answer in -comments
21:33 <+jono> ok sebastean refuses to take part
21:33 <+jono> ok, I am going to call this meeting to a close, with the following action:
21:33 <+jono>  * I will develop an open voting process
21:34 <+jono>  * We will schedule an IRC meeting to discuss how the voting works
21:34 <+jono> this meeting will take place in two weeks at the same time
21:34 <+jono> 8pm UTC on Mon 19th Feb
21:35 <+jono> I understand there are concerns about people being banned and not being able to vote, but I aim to have a full and frank voting process
21:35 <+jono> we will solve these problems but I encourage sebastean to take part and let his side of the story be told - I am sure sebastean acted in good faith, but thee are concerns that need to be discussed
21:35 <+jono> sorry the meeting cannot be sooner - I am travelling
21:36 <+jono> we will solve these problems folks! :)
21:36 <+jono> we will make ubuntu-se a rocking loco team!!! :)
21:36 <+jono> ok, speak to you all here in two weeks at the same time
21:37 <+jono> please tell the full team to attend
21:37 <+jono> bye all!