Dutch .srt for Screencast 1 'Why Ubuntu'.

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Sep 12 01:18:11 BST 2007

Hi Matthijs,

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 00:28 +0200, Matthijs ten Kate wrote:
> Just subscribed to this list and here's my first contribution: the Dutch
> subtitles for 'Why Ubuntu'. Can someone please add them to the site?

Many thanks! I'll add them right away.

> P.S. - is there a more elegant way to edit subtitles than the standard
> text-editor? A tool with preview option would be great, especially when
> translating larger episodes (had to watch this episode like 6 times or
> so, I wouldn't like to have to do that with longer episodes)... Or
> should I post a blueprint on launchpad about this? :)

The three I know of are:-

GNOME Subtitles [0]
Subtitle Editor [1]
gaupol [2]

But I don't know much about them other than the second and third one are
both in the Ubuntu repository. Gaupol seems to have a side-by-side
translation tool [3].

Be sure to let us know if there is anything we can do to make
translation easier. Maybe if we made audio versions of the videos

[0] http://gnome-subtitles.sourceforge.net/
[1] http://kitone.free.fr/subtitleeditor/
[2] http://home.gna.org/gaupol/
[3] http://home.gna.org/gaupol/img/screenshot-02.png