Can record screencasts on Windows?

Tabrez Iqbal tabrez.iqbal at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 17:42:35 BST 2007

I have been meaning to ask these two questions for some time :

1. Will it be okay if someone wants to make a screencast on a windows
machine using Free or propriety software just temporarily(say, for some
reason they don't have access to their GNU/Linux system)? I do understand
the philosophy behind using only Free software to popularise a Free
operating system, I am only talking about exceptional cases.

2. There was an issue raised about the accent of Alan Pope. Now what chance
does a person stand who has:
a. a voice that people find it difficult to follow, say, over phone;
b. a non-American, non-British accent(mine is Indian/Asian) ?
Can somebody else record the audio if a script is provided and send it back
to the person who can merge it with the video?

A Suggestion: How about including a link to the subtitle file(when
available) directly every screencast post?

Thanks,
Tabrez Iqbal
--
http://beans.seartipy.com/
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking." -- Dr.