Interesting comment..

Stephen Drake stevepdrake at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 16 19:18:42 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 16:27 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> Hi,
>
> An interesting comment was placed on the site today, to which I have
> replied already, but I wanted to hear what you all think.
>
> http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/MoS2007/14_Files_and_Folders#comment-260
> http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/MoS2007/14_Files_and_Folders#comment-261
>
> Specifically the section about "non accented" American English vs
> accented British English.
>
> Is my voice hard to understand? What can be done to improve it?
>
> I'm guessing:-
>
>  * Reduce bass
>  * Speak slower
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

I can't really comment on the accent because I'm British too. The
southern accent is a little off-putting at times.

Could you attempt a northern accent? I would prefer Broad Yorkshire,
though I'll also accept Mancunian.

When you get to MoS 19, can you talk like a pirate?

Seriously though, I don't think you need to change things too much. The
pace of recent screencasts have been much better than some of the
earlier ones.

Steve