Ruby 3.3 transition

Utkarsh Gupta utkarsh.gupta at canonical.com
Tue Aug 13 11:49:14 UTC 2024

Hi Lucas,

On Mon, Aug 12, 2024 at 11:18 PM Lucas Kanashiro
<lucas.kanashiro at canonical.com> wrote:
> I do not have a very good estimation but I expect 2 weeks.
> Regarding packages failing to make it in time, if they are not
> reverse dependencies of packages in main I'd just remove
> them from Oracular. I already identified the necessity of removal
> of some packages, and TBH most of the ruby packages are not
> present in the main's dependency tree. The ones that are in
> main's packages dependency tree (mostly because of src:pcs)
> I am not too worried, they seem to be under control.
>
> I hope the info above is enough. I'll be waiting for a +1 from the
> release team to start to work on it.

Right, thank you for the information. It looks reasonable. Please feel
free to upload - but do it today so we can settle this at the
earliest.

I am also on +1 this week and can help a bit once we have an obvious
set of failures.

Utkarsh,
On behalf of the Release team