Request New OpenStack SRU Exception for Magnum

James Page james.page at canonical.com
Tue Apr 11 15:32:54 UTC 2023

Hi SRU team

On Tue, Mar 7, 2023 at 1:03 PM James Page <james.page at canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi Felipe
>
> I'm not an ubuntu-release team member but your proposal looks sensible to
> me; Magnum would receive the same level of functional regression testing as
> other parts of OpenStack covered by this policy.
>
> Thanks for doing the work to enable all of this!
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 12:56 PM Felipe Reyes <felipe.reyes at canonical.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello SRU team,
>>
>> I'd like to request the inclusion of Magnum in the OpenStack SRU
>> Exception list at
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenStack/StableReleaseUpdates.
>>
>> Magnum is an OpenStack API service making container orchestration engines
>> (COE) such as Kubernetes
>> available. Magnum is already included in our regression testing and is
>> validated via Tempest smoke
>> tests[0].
>>
>> Best,

We have updates in the UNAPPROVED queues for magnum and magnum-ui across
focal, jammy and kinetic:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/focal/+source/magnum/+bug/2009966

Please could the proposed update to the OpenStack policy be reviewed in
this context as we'd like to get the issues the point releases resolve
fixed in Ubuntu.

Thanks

James