Call for testing: 22.04.1 release candidate images ready!

Benjamin Drung bdrung at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 9 15:47:39 UTC 2022

Hi,

On Tue, 2022-08-09 at 14:53 +0200, Lukasz Zemczak wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> As you know, we had to delay 22.04.1 by a week to get an additional
> fix in. This has now happened and new release candidate images are
> building as we speak. Please start testing as soon as the new images
> for your favorite flavors appear on the tracker:
>
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/437/builds
>
> The ones with "(re-building)" in the name are still building, but many
> have already finished.
>
> Let's give those as much testing as possible and, hopefully, we'll
> have a swift release on Thursday.

I tried Ubuntu Desktop amd64 in a VM [1] and ran into following problem:
After clicking the Restart now button, the screen went black with a non-
blinking cursor in the top left. I verified that this is the identical
behaviour compared to the initial ubuntu-22.04-desktop-amd64.iso.

Which component should I file this problem against? How are non-
regressions handled in the ISO tracker?

[1]
https://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/437/builds/255601/testcases/1300/results

--