Change request in the SRU process of group

Lucas Kanashiro kanashiro at
Fri Apr 8 19:28:27 UTC 2022

Em 08/04/2022 16:24, Steve Langasek escreveu:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2022 at 04:15:19PM -0300, Lucas Kanashiro wrote:
>>>>> While the new language reads much nicer, one nuance that's been lost in the
>>>>> process is the idea that we don't SRU the .0 releases but wait until they've
>>>>> had a chance to fix bugs and stabilize things with a .1.  Is this a
>>>>> deliberate change, and if so, what has changed in terms of upstream practice
>>>>> or our QA that makes us think this is no longer a requirement?
>>>> Yes, the change to also accept .0 releases is what triggered this
>>>> request (in this case a .0 release of runc). After talking to tianon,
>>>> the part to avoid .0 releases was meant to be for mostly,
>>>> which at the time was not stable enough, however, this made runc get not
>>>> approved.
>>>> Regarding QA, this is more an upstream work, they have
>>>> received multiple incentives to improve the quality of their release and
>>>> since a while they are quite stable. If we prefer we can keep that
>>>> policy to avoid the backport of .0 releases of, and relax this
>>>> for containerd and runc which are more stable in general than
>>> If is still providing regular point releases such that waiting for
>>> the .1 will not be a big problem for SRUing, then the above would be my
>>> preference.
>> Awesome. I edited the DockerUpdates wiki page to clarify that .0
>> releases of will not be backported but .0 releases of
>> containerd and runc are eligible for backporting. Could you check if it
>> is good enough now?
> Yes, this looks great, thanks!  Please update the StableReleaseUpdates page
> to remove the disclaimer.  (Unfortunately, I'm having authentication
> problems with at the moment...)
Done. Thank you so much for reviewing and approving it!

Lucas Kanashiro

More information about the Ubuntu-release mailing list