i386 package for intel-media-driver-non-free

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 21 06:51:58 UTC 2020

Hello,

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 05:44:41PM -0400, Joseph Yasi wrote:

> I noticed that focal is not shipping a 32-bit package for the VAAPI
> driver (source package names) intel-media-driver-non-free. It is
> shipping 32-bit packages for intel-vaapi-driver,
> intel-vaapi-driver-shaders, and intel-media-driver (which hasn't been
> updated like intel-media-driver-non-free). The new VAAPI driver is
> required for newer Intel CPUs like Ice Lake. mesa-va-drivers is also
> shipped as a 32-bit package as well.

> Is it an oversight that intel-media-driver-non-free wasn't included in
> the list of packages to build 32-bit?

The packages included in the whitelist are those which have been identified
via crowdsourcing at
<https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/community-process-for-32-bit-compatibility/12598>.
Now that you've pointed this out, I've added it to our list of supported
packages.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/