Broken URL in GRUB change description

Luke (gmail) luke.kendall at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 23:29:01 UTC 2019

The URL provided in the Technical Description (Changes) for GRUB updates
typically (always?) contains a broken link to the list of changes (which
are listed as not yet available, on every occasion I've checked).

This undermines confidence in the validity of the package; I don't
expect official package updates to contain broken links.

A case in point:

"Changes for grub-efi-amd64-signed versions:
Installed version: 1.66.20+2.02~beta2-36ubuntu3.20
Available version: 1.66.21+2.02~beta2-36ubuntu3.21

The list of changes is not yet available.

Please use
http://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2-signed/1.66.21+2.02~beta2-36ubuntu3.21/+changelog
until the changes become available or try again later."

Is it possible that the correct URL to see the changelog is
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2-signed/1.66.21 ?

It appears from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates that a
changelog is meant to be created for each update.

I hope this is the correct communication channel to report this concern.

Regards,

luke