Not requiring SRU changes to be in $current-stable to go in the LTS

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 11 15:16:17 UTC 2019

Hey Steve,

Le 09/03/2019 à 21:26, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> So I will always ask an uploader to also SRU the fixes to the interim
> releases if I see that they haven't been, because as Robie says, we also
> have made a committment to support these releases.  But I also am unlikely
> to reject the LTS-only SRU if the uploader is unwilling to do the SRU to
> non-LTS on the basis of their cost-benefit analysis.

Thanks, I agree with what you wrote and I think it's a pragmatic position.
If other SRU team members are in agreement I think we can close the
discussion.

The SRU documentation on the wiki could do with some clarification in
any case since it looks like the only requirement described today is to
upload to $unstable-serie first.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher