Ubuntu 16.04.6 RC images for testing

Lukasz Zemczak lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com
Fri Feb 22 14:29:56 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

In the light of the recently discovered and fixed apt vulnerability,
we have decided to re-build all our supported isos that could be
potentially affected. We did not plan for another xenial point-release
but oh well, what can you do. Security is important.

We prepared the first set of xenial 16.04.6 images just now ready for
testing, visible on the new milestone's isotracker [1]. The release
date has been set for February 28th.

A very important thing related to all that: since this is a completely
out-of-process point-release, flavors are not required to participate
at all. I have prepared images for all the xenial flavors but we will
be releasing only those that are marked as ready at the time of
release.
So if you're a flavor maintainer and you intend to participate in this
very-last-minute point-release, please grab the relevant iso and test
- that would be more than welcome! Otherwise, please be sure to give
the regular Ubuntu isos a spin and report any issues you might
encounter.

Thanks!

[1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/400/builds

Cheers,