xchat and hexchat

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 12 10:00:05 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 10:01:32PM +0000, Robie Basak wrote:
> I'd like to bring the release team's attention to this bug:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xchat/+bug/1753169
>
> This seems like a matter where people are getting quite personally
> and emotionally involved, so I think it's probably best for most of us
> to stay out of it and leave it to our designated leaders to make a
> decision, per our CoC.
>
> I'm not sure if it's an archive admin thing, a release team thing, or a
> tech board thing. If it isn't obvious which team should make the
> decision, perhaps it should be left to the TB to decide that first. But
> if a decision needs to be made, that decision should probably be made
> before Bionic's release, so I thought it'd be appropriate to bring it to
> attention on this list now.
>
> As the only one of these three teams that has regular meetings is the
> TB, should this be added to the TB agenda?

I've added this to the TB agenda. I imagine it'll take quite a bit of
reading of the various references (I've added them to the agenda item)
so appreciate you may not be able to decide by tomorrow's meeting.

Please note that I have no horse in this race. I have my opinions but
either way would be fine with me, as long as the bug gets closed with
_some_ resolution. I'm bringing this to the TB as I think we need _a_
decision and it would be helpful to the community to not let it
languish.

Thanks,

Robie