First set of 16.04.5 RC images ready for testing

Lukasz Zemczak lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com
Tue Jul 31 01:19:58 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

The first set of official working builds for the upcoming xenial
16.04.5 point release (due this Thursday, August 2nd) have been added
to the tracker [1] for all supported flavours. We had a few images for
this milestone already but had to re-spin due to quickly spotted
regressions. The ones now seem to be test-worthy at least.

Which is why please proceed with testing as soon as possible. Even
though we still have some days until the planned release, don't wait
until the last minute -  the earlier testing starts the more time we
might have for fixing any blockers found during testing. As mentioned
by Adam during the 18.04.1 call-for-testing: images that have no
testing can't be released!

Good luck!

[1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/393/builds

Cheers,