Xenial 16.04.4 Call For Testing (All Flavours)

Lukasz Zemczak lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com
Wed Feb 28 18:40:37 UTC 2018

Hey Ian!

Please see my earlier message to ubuntu-release@ - all the release
candidates for .4 are being re-built, i.e. new images for each flavour
are being created. This essentially means some testing needs to be
re-done, sadly. But this should be the final set of images for this
milestone.
Please wait for the builds to finish (should only take a little while)
and then resume testing.

Thank you!

On 28 February 2018 at 19:30, Ian Bruntlett <ian.bruntlett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Lukasz,
>
> On 23 February 2018 at 22:33, Lukasz Zemczak <lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Some time ago our first release candidate builds for all flavours that
>> released with xenial have been posted to the ISO tracker [1] into the
>> 16.04.4 milestone.
>>
>> As with each point-release, we would need volunteers to grab the ISOs
>> of their flavour/flavours of choice and perform general testing. We
>> obviously are mostly looking for regressions from 16.04.3, but please
>> fill in any bugs you encounter (against the respective source packages
>> on Launchpad). There is still time until the target release date on
>> 1st of March, but for now we're not considering pulling in any more
>> fixes besides ones for potential release-blockers that we encounter.
>>
>> With enough luck the images that have been made available just now
>> might be the ones we release on Thursday.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> [1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/386/builds
>

> OK, I've downloaded these two isos:-
> f10dfd15204c47177da81a3029c54220 *xenial-desktop-amd64.iso
> 8513386307089f23f03a924b108740f5 *xenial-desktop-i386.iso
>
> Now I only had enough time to install it on a 32-bit system, a Dell Latitude
> D610. I worked my way through my lubuntu-refurbishing-a-computer notes that
> can be found from the bottom of this page:-
> https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software and the whole
> system worked fine although I had to do a bit of searching to work out how
> to get internal Wi-Fi working (install packages firmware-b43-installer".
>
> I was going to log this but when I got to this page -
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/386/builds - it said the
> builds were being rebuilt. What is all that about?
>
> BW,
>

> Ian
>
> --
> -- ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://www.accu.org