On a Debian package depended on Java 8 but anymore

Masayuki Hatta mhatta at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 15:05:51 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm a Debian developer who maintains i2p packages for Debian
(https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/i2p).  This thing is written in Java.

The package now in Ubuntu Bionic (automatically imported?) seems to be
0.9.32-2 (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/i2p).  Some time ago I
uploaded a new package 0.9.33-2 and it already entered into Debian
testing.  0.9.32 can't be built or work with Java 9, but 0.9.33 can.
0.9.33 has many other improvements, too.

Then, I recently realized Ubuntu Bionic's default JDK will be Java 9+,
and also Bionic is LTS.  So if possible, I'd like to make 0.9.33 be
included in Bionic, not 32.

May I request so, following
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebianImportFreeze? I understand it's way too
late, or is there any chance I can update Ubuntu package in Bionic
later?

I'm not familiar with Ubuntu policy, so I guess this looks dumb
question.  I appreciate if you could tell me what I should do anyway.

Best regards,

--
Masayuki Hatta
Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics and Management, Surugadai

http://about.me/mhatta

mhatta at gnu.org  / mhatta at debian.org / mhatta at opensource.jp /
hatta.masayuki at surugadai.ac.jp