Change of scope and target market for i386

Dimitri John Ledkov xnox at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 27 16:16:33 UTC 2017

Dear Release team,

Please action the below and remove Ubuntu Desktop i386 daily-live
images from the release manifest for Beta and Final milestones of
17.10 and therefore do not ship ubuntu-desktop-i386.iso artifact for
17.10.

As a followup to this thread it has been confirmed that argumentation
below is sound, and furthermore there is no longer any effective qa or
testing of the desktop product on actual i386 hardware (explicitly non
x86_64 CPUs).

There are no other changes requested to d-i, mini.iso, archive, or the
upgrade paths.

Regards,

Dimitri.

--