ubuntu-image SRU and exception request

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 20 05:19:11 UTC 2016

Hi Barry,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 03:32:12PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> I've filed an SRU for ubuntu-image for 16.10.  See LP: #1634218.

> I'm also using this opportunity to request an SRU exception for ubuntu-image
> going forward.  The rationale is in the bug description, and generally aligns
> with the existing exception for snapd.

>     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SnapdUpdates

> The plan for ubuntu-image is here:

>     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuImageUpdates

> I'd like to keep ubuntu-image in sync between snap, 16.10 and 17.04, and this
> exception will make that easier, with minimal impact.

With the changes you've made as we discussed to document an upstream test
plan for image building, and some small wording adjustments I've made, I'm
happy with granting an SRU exception for ubuntu-image.  I have documented
this on
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Documentation_for_Special_Cases>.

Thanks,