[FLAVOURS] QA Flavour Cycle meetup

Set Hallstrom set at ubuntustudio.org
Fri Jul 29 18:58:00 UTC 2016

fredagen den 29:e juli 2016 kl. 19:20:47 CEST, Walter Lapchynski
<wxl at ubuntu.com> skrev:
> Well, it didn't seem like anyone showed up and some folks complained about
> the timing, while others said they'd rather not talk at all.
>
> That being said, perhaps we should discuss this in the mailing list.
>
> Is there anyone amongst flavors who would like to continue doing
> milestones? If not, maybe we should just forget about them.

In my humble opinion, milestones are important; they allow a freeze of the
state of the art for active and less active community members alike to
agree uppon what are important fixes that need to be, well... fixed. This
said, I appreciate that the alphas are 'opt-in' (especialy in summer) as in
'possible to opt-out'.  But i agree there should be a deadline announced
for flavours to announce their participation in alpha's. Maybe 'foresight'
is a keyword to keep from this round? I'm pretty new arround and i'm just
pulling up ideas to the bumper, but i interact because i also feel there is
a certain level of stress in the milestones that i think needs more than a
keyword such as 'opt-in' to give volunteering hardworking humans a
responsible relief.

Yours,

--
Set Hallström