OpenStack Mitaka and Ubuntu Xenial release alignment

Corey Bryant corey.bryant at canonical.com
Thu Feb 11 19:55:47 UTC 2016

Hello Release Team,

We're wrapping up beta 2 of OpenStack Mitaka for Xenial right now and
feature freeze for Xenial is coming up next week on Feb 18th.

As with previous Ubuntu releases we'll need to upload further Mitaka
milestone releases (beta 3, release candidates, and final releases) after
Xenial's feature freeze. This includes core OpenStack packages and direct
dependencies managed under the OpenStack umbrella.

In the past this has been business as usual, so this email is for awareness
and to ensure that the Release team is in agreement that we continue with
this approach in Xenial.

Note that the OpenStack Mitaka release schedule [1] gives us a few weeks of
room between Mitaka's final release and Xenial's final release, which will
allow us to get final Mitaka release packages uploaded prior to Xenial's
final release.

Regards,
Corey Bryant

[1] http://releases.openstack.org/mitaka/schedule.html